Let's talk about covers....and Jennifer Miller!

I have a confession.  The cover of a book will influence my one-click addiction.  It's not that I won't buy books with ugly covers, but covers are the book's first impression. Covers are what catch my attention first and lure me into reading the synopsis.  Authors, if your reading this, you probably already know this, but if not, COVERS MATTER! Just keeping it real from a reader's perspective.  Speaking of covers, Jennifer Miller knows how to choose them!

Isn't this cover gorgeous?!! Pretty Little Lies is the first book from author Jennifer Miller.  If you haven't read this book, you need to! Go forth and buy!  Pretty Little Lies is a second chance love story, but I must warn you, this book has a cliffhanger! But don't worry, the sequel Pretty Little Dreams has been released, so you can purchase both books! Score! I'm telling you, you will want to purchase both, because the cliffhanger is OMG!!! In Pretty Little Lies we meet Luke and Olivia.  Olivia is a fashion blogger who, after a bad divorce, has moved back to her home town to live with her bff.  Luke is her first love, that one true love(wuv, twu wuv...sorry I sometimes channel Princess Bride) that she left behind many years ago, but has never really forgotten.  The story is fast paced, with twist and turns and swoon worthy moments.  Luke is definitely one of my book boyfriends.  Yes, I said one of my book boyfriends.  I have many, don't judge.  Fantasies are built upon the way Luke loves Olivia.  Well, that sounds dramatic, but it's how I feel.  I repeat, don't judge.  Back to Luke, it was nice to see a hero that was honest and upfront about his feelings. My only complaint would be that I felt that Olivia placed a little too much blame on Luke for their breakup. Jennifer does an awesome job of beginning each chapter with a fashion tip that will have you laughing to yourself and possibly checking your closet to make sure you're not one of those fashion offenders. Buy Pretty Little Lies

Another gorgeous cover!  Pretty Little Dreams is the resolution to the heart stopping cliffhanger in Pretty Little Lies. Jennifer is fantastic at creating such deep meaningful characters. I was immediately sucked into the story and I literally experienced every emotion in the book. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest when Olivia was in trouble and my heart melted anytime Luke professed his love to her. If you think this story will be predictable or ordinary you are wrong. The sensitive issues that are addressed, and the emotions that are involved with everyone in the story, are handled in such a loving and compassionate way. Jennifer did a great job of getting in the head of Olivia and Luke when confronted with the heavy issues of this story. This is an emotional and truly fabulous book. Buy Pretty Little Dreams
**Steamyness: hot,but tasteful 

Pretty Little Lies is also included in the box set BREATHLESS BEGINNINGS! Ten amazing authors have come together to give you ten full length novels that will leave you breathless! Released April 21st for only .99!!!! You aren't going to want to miss this! Buy on Amazon



Jennifer's upcoming book, Whispering Wishes, will be released May 28th!
Blurb:
Be careful what you wish for...

Normally, Aspen Edwards will do anything for her free-spirited best friend, Mischa, but this feels like a bit much. The plan is simple, all Aspen has to do is write down a few affirmations and recite them during the New Moon. But as skeptical as Aspen is, a promise is a promise. So, she whispers each wish to the universe, pondering the possibilities of "what if." Who wouldn't want a promotion at work, a new home, or to become an irresistible sex goddess?

But Aspen’s luck doesn't change with the wishes, or the wind. Each of her whispered prayers produces disaster. She gets fired. Her car breaks down. She gets kicked out of her house. And of course there is the crap icing on the cake of doom, falling for flirtatious and sexy, Wes, who sees her as nothing more than his “little sis”. It might not be so bad if his house weren't the only place she had to go.
Unbeknownst to her, the universe has a few tricks up its sleeve, and Aspen's bad luck streak might just be putting her right where she needs to be!

Jennifer is sending me an ARC so be prepared for a review when this book is released!
I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer at a book signing last November. She is sweet, loves her readers, and always has a smile. If you have the chance to attend a signing, I encourage you to go!

Connect with Jennifer on Twitter: @JenMillerWrites
Jennifer Miller website: jennifermillerwrites.blogspot.com



Comments

  1. Another interesting review! Might have to look at this one....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment