That one time, at band camp....

Got your attention, didn't I? Well, I have been to band camp, but sadly I was a twirler, not a band member, so apparently I missed out on the good stuff!

My mom once said that your body ages, but your mind stays young.  Well, my brain is stuck at 16 and I really wish my body would have gotten the memo and kept my 16 year old figure! Even though I'm not much older than YA,(those who know me, keep your comments to yourself!) I don't think I'll ever feel too old to read YA books.  We've previously discussed my love of all thing boy bands so this next part shouldn't surprise you.  My love of boy bands,specifically One Direction, and a love of nerds, led me to an online friendship with author Cassie Mae. Who else can I depend on to send me random One Direction lyrics?!? She lets me know when she hears a new song.  This is important news people!!  Anyway....

Cassie Mae's newest release, How to Seduce a Band Geek, is my favorite of all of her books. How can you not love a hot guy, who is sensitive, sweet, and  plays the piccolo?  The PICCOLO people! Doesn't that just scream sexy?!? In Band Geek, we meet up with, Sierra, Zoe's sister from How to Date a Nerd.  This story takes place 2 years later, and we see a much more mature version of Sierra.  She has a crush on Levi her sister's BFF.  You see where this is going right?  Levi and Zoe are totally going to get together.  KIDDING!  Now I could go on and on and give you a much detailed version of the story, but then you'll find yourself skimming and not really reading the review.  Not that I have ever done that myself..... Seriously, Cassie did such a great job at capturing those butterfly inducing moments of having the hot guy notice you, to those moments where you wish you could disappear into thin air because of something you did that's embarrassing in front of said guy. Levi is that hot guy, but he's also the guy who is comfortable with who he is, band geek and all.  Sierra is like the rest of us in high school, trying to figure out how to be yourself and still get the guy.  So to conclude, BUY THIS BOOK!! As with Cassie's other books, you will laugh, cringe at those awkward moments, and realize you weren't the only slightly awkward teen.  Band Geek is a sweet, clean YA romance that will make you swoon and go on a hunt to find your own sexy piccolo playing stud.

Follow Cassie Mae on Twitter @CassieCook2
Cassie's Website: http://cassiemaeauthor.weebly.com/
To purchase: How to Seduce a Band Geek

Cassie Mae is a nerd to the core from Utah, who likes to write about other nerds who find love. She’s the author of the Amazon Bestseller REASONS I FELL FOR THE FUNNY FAT FRIEND, and is the debut author for the Random House FLIRT line with her New Adult novels FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI and SWITCHED. She also has a three book deal with Swoon Romance Publishing, including her book HOW TO DATE A NERD. She spends time with her angel children and perfect husband who fan her and feed her grapes while she clacks away on the keyboard. Then she wakes up from that dream world and manages to get a few words on the computer while the house explodes around her. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with the youth in her community as a volleyball and basketball coach, or searching the house desperately for chocolate.

Comments