Review: A Montana Legacy by Roxanne Rustand

Occasionally I have the opportunity to review a book for a "new to me" author.  I never know exactly what to expect, but I keep an open mind.  When I received Montana Legacy by Roxanne Rustand I assumed that this was just a typical modern day western romance.  While I was right, I also discovered a book I thoroughly enjoyed and an author that I can't wait to read more of!!

Blurb:
A Minneapolis gang avenged police officer Kate Rawlins' testimony against a member with an ambush that killed an innocent teen friend and wounded Kate. Wracked with guilt,she promises a scholarship will be started in honor of the dead teen. Kate just inherited half of her estranged grandfather's ranch. She hopes this will pay the bill for the scholarship, but she must live there for six months to claim her half. Seth Hayward inherits half the ranch, too. He loathes Kate for ignoring her grandfather, who had wanted to see her before he died. Kate only remembers being tossed off the ranch as a child along with her mother, and that her grandfather ignored them ever since.

Is it possible for this city cop and the rugged rancher to ever see eye to eye...and to share the ranch house for the net six months?


This newly revised and updated edition is now a sweet romance, without the original sexual scenes and occasional graphic language. Those who enjoy inspirational fiction and sweeter romances will prefer this version to the original.

My Review:
A Montana Legacy is a perfect, good old fashioned romance.  This is a "Sweet Read", so other than a few kisses, the steam is low.  The story is so well written that I didn't feel the need for it to be any steamier than it was.  The love between Seth and Kate has a slow build up.  You see them as individuals, as friends, as business partners and then embracing the love they can't deny.  I loved Seth from the moment he stopped to see if Kate needed any help when he found her parked on the side of the road.  Kate is independent, a little closed off, but very likable.  Roxanne has such an incredible way of describing her scenes that you can picture it clearly in your mind.  The descriptions in the story are not drawn out with too many details.  They are precise and give just enough information to form the scene in your mind.  Her writing is fluid and I never experienced that lull in the story, or found myself wanting the story to rush along.  The pacing is perfect and the story moves along quickly.  I really thought the story was going to be predictable, and while parts were a little familiar to other stories, Roxanne included enough mystery that kept me guessing until the end.  This is the first story I have read by Roxanne Rustand but it will definitely not be my last.


To purchase Montana Legacy on Amazon:  http://amzn.to/STeIth

Connect with Roxanne on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Roxanne.Rustand.Author
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/RoxanneRustand
Website:  roxannerustand.com

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely review, Angie. I really appreciate it. You have a lovely blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment