Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews



"Storms will come and storms will go, but it's the rain drops that provide life to the world"- Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews





Have you ever read a book that as soon as you finish it, you immediately flip to the beginning and read it again? When I read Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews that is exactly what I did.  The book is that good.  I needed to read it again so that I could experience all the feels again and make sure I didn't miss a thing. Drops of Rain is a story about loss; whether that be loss by death, loss of love of a parent, or loss of self esteem.  Kathryn Andrews did an awesome job of immediately pulling you into the lives of her characters. This is the story of two high school seniors that are both masters at hiding their hurt.  Drew, the golden boy that is counting the days he until he can leave his past behind.  Ali, the new girl who is finding her way in a world that has been suddenly altered and doing it alone.  I liked how Drew wasn't your stereotypical high school jock going out with every girl he meets.  Ali wasn't instantly popular and she endured bullying.  These characters were REAL.  I will confess to moments of feeling that this couple had a little insta-love, but as I read, Kathryn's storytelling masterfully weaved these two people together and I realized that they were just two people who found their other half; the one that understood them the best.  The story being told in both Drew and Ali's POV provided me the opportunity of seeing circumstances through both characters and helped me to really understand them and feel their pain, their confusion and their happiness when things begin to go right.  I honestly don't want to give any of the story away because the themes and story lines are something you need to experience yourself.  Expect a few tears, a little bit of laughter, and a whole lot of smiles.  Drops of Rain does not include a cliffhanger, but there is a second book about Drew's brother Beau that I am anxiously awaiting!  Steamyness is light, a few tasteful fade to black scenes.


     
To purchase on Amazon: Drops of Rain

Find Kathryn Andrews:  Facebook  Website  Twitter  Goodreads



Comments