Gwynneth with two n's....

I want to tell you about a great romance that I have re-read several times, Gwynneth Ever After by Linda Poitevin. I LOVE celebrity romances and found this one last year as I was hunting for something new to read. Nevermind that I have several unread books on my Kindle, and by several I mean over 2...with a few zeros...it's an addiction, what can I say?!? Gwynneth Ever After is a refreshing, mature romance that I really enjoy and hope you will decide to read for yourself.  Check out the blurb:


17874990
Gwyn Jacobs doesn’t believe in fairy tales. Ever since her ex-husband walked out, leaving her alone with three small children, Gwyn has been mother, father, and bread-winner all rolled into one. Her own scarred heart aside, she refuses to open up her children’s lives to the possibility of another heartbreak, and so she has an unbending policy of no dating and no unattached men in their lives.

Until her very own fairy tale falls into her lap...and the hero won’t take no for an answer.


**NOTE: This book is currently being released as a serial read on Wattpad -- a great way to check it out for free!**

I think one of my favorite things about this book is that the characters are mature, normal people who meet.  The drama is realistic, not ridiculous.   Gwyn is a single mom, extremely busy, and maybe a little (or a lot) frazzled.  Gareth is a man in his forties who is trying to right a few wrongs and make up for past mistakes all while avoiding the spotlight as he is a well known actor. They meet in a simple way and Gareth fits into her life as though he has always been there. Gareth's character is mature and I love that because he is a celebrity we aren't constantly told/reminded of his womanizing ways.  His past conquest are in the PAST.  Sure it's mentioned, but it isn't constantly stressed as is with most books. I don't know about you, but when an author is describing their leading man and wanting that reader to fall for him, constantly telling how much of a man slut he is can get a little old.  And why do we just assume that because a man is a celebrity then he must be totally weak when it comes to the ladies?!? Sorry for the rant, I didn't mean to vere off topic.  Anyway...I don't think there was a time in this story that I didn't love Gareth and Gwen.  Linda Poitevin does such a fantastic job of developing these characters into people that you feel you've always known and you can't help but cheer for them as they find their happily ever after.  Steamy-ness is mild, but wildly romantic.

Did you see that Gwynneth Ever After is FREE on Wattpad??  Go get it!!!




Comments