Still Yours

I am a huge fan of Amy Patrick.  She is not only a great story teller, she is super nice in person.  I had the privilege of meeting Amy at RWA San Antonio last summer and it was awesome.
I reviewed Channel 20Something (here) and it was a good clean romance that left me with a smile.  When I finished reading Still Yours I think my smile was even bigger.  Check out the blurb:

Book 2 of the 20 SOMETHING series, a New Adult contemporary series about twenty-somethings entering the world of broadcasting, where what happens behind the scenes is the real news.

23-year-old Mara Neely knows who she is and what she wants—she’s an ambitious reporter with a taste for himbos--- beautiful dumb guys who don’t even tempt her to get involved past wham-bam-thank you-sir. When she takes a TV news reporting job in Providence, it’s a great step up career wise, but it’s also a little too close to home … and to him, the only guy who’s ever tempted her to let go and love someone.
To billionaire web entrepreneur Reid Mancini, Mara was like a rare comet-- beautiful, exciting, and impossible to hold onto. Now his first love is on his television screen and back in his life, and this time, he’s got a surefire plan to catch a star and make her fall.


Fall in Love Like a 20 SOMETHING...

I really enjoyed Amy Patrick’s Channel 20 Something and was anxiously anticipating the next book in the series and I wasn't disappointed!  I love Amy's voice and I believe that Still Yours is even better than the first book.  While they’re both great reads, Still Yours just had that extra something that kept me reading and not stopping until I was finished.  I totally blame Amy for my dirty house!  Amy’s writing, character development, and pacing improved from the first book.  I am a sucker for first loves, and the story of Reid and Mara is perfect.  Who wouldn't like to be reunited with their first love and, to make it even better, he’s a millionaire?!?!? When Reid and Mara see each other for the first time there are sparks, but not insta-let’s –get-back-together.  These two characters struggle with old feelings, resentment, hurt, and new feelings.  I loved everything about Reid.  He’s smart, and his love for Mara never wavered.  He understood her and wouldn't let her leave him again.  I understand why she left Reid when they were younger, but hated that they wasted so much time that they could have spent together.  When I finally reached the end, it was perfect! Fantastic writing Amy! 



To purchase Still Yours:  http://amzn.to/1rhqhDQ

CHANNEL 20 SOMETHING- book1 - Now FREE on:
Amazon
B&N
iTunes
Kobo

Amy is a two-time Golden Heart finalist (2013 and 2014) who writes Young Adult fiction as Amy DeLuca and New Adult romance as Amy Patrick.  She lives in Rhode Island with her husband and two sons and actually craves the heat and humidity of Mississippi, where she grew up. She's been a professional singer and news anchor and currently narrates audio books as well as working as a station host for a Boston TV station.

Author links:

Comments