Hooked on How to Hook a Bookworm

Cassie Mae writes the best nerds.  Boy or girl, her nerdy characters are adorable, funny and I want to be friends with each and every one of them.  In Cassie's latest release, How to Hook a Bookworm, I totally fell for Adam Silver.  Smart? Check! Cute? Check! Nerdy glasses? Check!  This story is your classic girl falls for best friend but is afraid to tell him story, but with Cassie's wicked sense of humor and fun writing style, her characters quickly made a place in my heart.  Check out the blurb for How to Hook a Bookworm:

Getting kissed for a birthday present should not be a big deal. Especially for Brea Mason, who doesn’t think of her best friend, Adam Silver, in any way other than… well, a friend. But after the liplock she can’t seem to get him off her mind. And she has to, because Adam is a senior while she’s stuck in high school for another two years.

Then BAM, the perfect distraction comes along in the form of a new, hot sophomore who actually seems interested in Brea, despite her anti-social personality. And with the stress at home, stress at school, and ignoring the reality of all her friends leaving come June, Brea welcomes the distraction.

But when she sees four fat Fs on her report card, Brea needs a study buddy, and the best candidate is Adam, book nerd and math whiz. So she enlists his help, hoping the birthday kiss was just a fluke. After all, she has a boyfriend now. It should be easy to ignore the butterflies and fizzy feelings that arise with the bookworm… right?

Being a huge fan of Cassie Mae, I knew I would enjoy How to Hook a Bookworm, but I didn't realize just how much!  The characters are likable, the dialogue witty and the story moves along at a great pace.  I have to admit, Brea was not a favorite of mine from the previous book.  She was a little snobby, kinda mean and I didn't know how I would feel about her story.  In Bookworm we better understand the Brea behind the snarky attitude and I found a lot of myself in her character; I found myself routing for her to get her happily ever after.  Adam....Adam must be a saint.  Watching and wanting to be with someone, yet trying to be the mature one and pretend all you want is friendship.....that sacrifice made me love Adam and want to hit him in the head at the same time.  As with all of Cassie Mae's books, I found myself chuckling at the actions of the characters, but in Bookworm, Cassie brought me to tears more than once with her heart-tugging scenes.  I'm sad that this is the last book in the series, but I know that Cassie won't leave us without more adorable nerds in the future.  Check out How to Hook a Bookworm, it's a true YA that will warm your heart and want to share with your fellow book nerds!  

To Purchase:
Amazon


Find Cassie Mae:
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Tsu

Comments