Soldier On

I love to find new authors and when I find an author who can write books that touch my heart, it's even better.  I haven't read many military/soldier romances, but after reading the synopsis of Soldier On I knew this was a story I wanted to read.  As I began to read this story I have to admit that I thought it was going to be another predictable sweet romance, but as I continued to read, I found myself lost in the world of two remarkable characters created by author Sydney Logan.  While the story is a little predictable, the decisions these two individuals make, and the reason behind those decisions, left me in tears more than once, and totally in love with Brandon and Steph.  Sydney did an awesome job of developing these characters, building the story and drawing the reader in emotionally.  The storyline is real, it's relevant, and eloquently written. I commend the author for writing a story that contains no sex, but contains real passion and the love between Brandon and Steph is apparent and strong.  The story is more about the falling in love and learning what it means to love someone unconditionally.  I highly encourage you to give this story a try.  Sometimes when reading a character will say something that I find myself highlighting to reread later.  This quote stayed with me and I hope it will touch your heart.

"Plans change.  Memories fade.  People leave.  For every amazing thing that happens to you, there are twenty crappy things just waiting to knock the smile off your face.  But you keep smiling.  You keep loving.  You soldier on, just like Dad says.  You find joy wherever you can, and you hold on to it as tightly as possible."- Christian, Soldier On


Will his call of duty break both their hearts?

Losing her father in Desert Storm has left Stephanie James with a bitter soul when it comes to the military. As a college senior juggling a full course load, Steph's only goal is to graduate with honors at the end of the semester. She’s focused, determined, and a firm believer in all work and no play. Then she meets Brandon Walker at a New Year’s Eve costume party. Despite his disguise, Steph finds herself attracted to the camouflaged soldier who curls her toes with a scorching midnight kiss.

Brandon is an engineering major and ROTC student from the hills of Kentucky. Growing up as the son of a major general has given Brandon firsthand knowledge of the struggles military families sometimes face. Now that his father’s memory is fading, Brandon is even more determined to make his dad proud and graduate as an officer in the United States Army. Then he meets Stephanie, and suddenly, his focus is less on his military service and more on the pretty brunette who has stolen his heart. When he becomes aware of Steph’s resentment toward the military, he worries their relationship is doomed.

Steph unexpectedly finds herself in need of a roommate. Brandon volunteers, thinking it’s the perfect opportunity to show her the real Brandon, before he’s forced to admit the truth about his four-year obligation to the army. Afraid that living together will be a distraction to graduating on time, Steph establishes house rules—rules they both find difficult to obey.


When faced with the realization that she's fallen in love with a soldier, can Steph’s wounds from the past be healed with love in her present . . . and in her future?

To purchase Soldier On: http://amzn.to/1ERzQGB

To find author Sydney Logan:
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads




Comments