Uncross the Stars

I recently read the new release, Uncross the Stars by Janell Rhiannon.  This is a YA full of young love, a lot of angst, and the story depicted how far someone will go to feel loved, whether the love is from a significant other, or the love one received from popularity.  The story started off great, but I felt like I never fully connected with the characters, especially Dario.  While I understood his reasons for not wanting love, his character felt very wishy washy.  The storyline moved quickly at times, but felt a little rushed in the end.  Dario's BFF, Jason, was so conniving that it was a little scary and the author's description of him was perfect.  Future serial killer anyone?  A scene towards the end of the book really stuck with me as scary and made me question if Dario and Fiona should stay together. To me, it blemished Dario's character and I don't think he ever redeemed himself.  I did enjoy the overall story and because the story ends with a cliffhanger, I will undoubtedly read the next one.  If you love those angsty YA's full of drama and young love, check out Uncross the Stars.


Fiona Lavender is the new girl at school. She has a chip on her shoulder and a pension for poetry. Dario Martinez is the star quarterback, and the most unattainable guy on campus. Their stars cross when they are paired to study Romeo and Juliet for a senior English project. Their connection is fragile and undeniable. But, Dario is afraid of what love will do; and Fiona is waiting for love to claim her.


Will they uncross the stars and find the love they both need to heal their pasts?

Amazon:  Uncross the Stars

Find author Janell Rhiannon:
Facebook
Twitter
Website


Comments