Do You Know......Catherine Gayle?

It's no secret here on the blog that I am a HUGE Catherine Gayle fan.  Her Portland Storm hockey series is one of my favorite series of all time.  Catherine knows hockey, she knows romance, and she knows how to write the best book boyfriends!  Recently I was lucky enough to read her latest release, Dropping Gloves.  If you're familiar with this hockey series, this is Jamie "Babs" Babcock's story.  I have been anxiously awaiting his story because Babs is a favorite of mine.  He is featured in each book and I think in each book I fell in love with him a little bit more.  I admit I was a little nervous reading his story.  You know how it is, you have a fave character and when you finally get their story you're nervous it won't be as wonderful as it should be.  Well, Catherine did an awesome job with Babs' story!  She kept Babs true to himself and his character.  His love for Katie never waivered, even when I think I would have given up on her.  The only thing I would have changed in this story was Katie and her time in Hollywood but that doesn't affect my 5 star rating (the book is that good!)  I don't want to go in to specifics because I don't want to post any spoilers, so you'll have to read Dropping Gloves yourself.  The love between these two was evident and it was great to see them get the ending they deserve. Catherine proved yet again that she knows her characters and she knows how to write a story that is unique and heartwarming. 
Let me introduce you to Catherine Gayle

Website/social media links: 

My newest release: Dropping Gloves 

Describe your books in 3 words: Emotional, heartfelt, uplifting

Genre: Contemporary romance (I also write some historical romance, but not much right now)

Favorite thing about your genre: I get to write about hockey!

A genre that I would love to write:  I’m happy writing what I am now. I might someday want to change genres, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

When writing, night owl or morning person? My cat wants me to be a morning person; I want to be a night owl; I end up writing the most in the afternoons.

When I’m writing I must have: Coffee, cupcakes (near deadline), and orange gummy bears (to get through the emotional stuff)

Pantser or Plotter? A bit of both? I have a general idea of where a book is heading, but I don’t typically plot out every tiny detail.

I’m currently reading: Carly Phillips’s Dare to Love series.

My guilty pleasure: Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter!

My favorite cover from my books: Holiday Hat Trick. It’s just perfection.

Which character from your books do you most identify with: It’s a toss-up between Brie and Dana, for very different reasons.

My number one book boyfriend is: Lord Dain from Lord of Scoundrels!

Come see me! I will be at the following book signings: 
Romantic Times Convention in Dallas, May 2015 
Kentuckiana Authors in Louisville, September 2015 
Sexy and Sassy Signing in Greenville, October, 2015


My next release: Bury the Hatchet on July 9, launching a new spinoff hockey romance series 

Comments