Two Review Thursday!

When Tess's mother abandons her during her senior year at high school, she must find a way to keep the secret and survive until graduation. She's surprised when Cruz, her crush and an aspiring model, moves in to help. Tess has dreams of studying in Paris, France and becoming a writer...impossible dreams without money or family. But as Tess and Cruz's relationship grows closer, Cruz will do anything to make sure Tess's dreams come true. But at what price?

Forever Now is the first book in the Forever young adult / new adult trilogy about finding love, living dreams, and overcoming great odds.


Forever begins now.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this story.  It's a little dark, a little heavy and to me, a little unbelievable.  I never connected to the characters and their relationship was strange.  The story ends with a semi-cliffhanger and Cruz and Tess' story will be continued into the next book.  Not sure I will read the next one.....



The last thing Valerie needs, after escaping an abusive marriage to an alcoholic and rebuilding her life, is a broody, secretive, standoffish man. But that’s exactly what she gets when she becomes a makeup artist on the set of a hit sitcom and draws the attention of the series’ star.
John Samuels hides a terrible past—a life of abuse and neglect. A successful acting career and the affection and support of cast, crew and friends, does nothing to convince him that he is anything other than an unlovable monster.
Will he learn that the life he’s been living has been built on a lie or will he be doomed to repeat the sins of his father?

This story never totally grabbed my attention.  The writing seemed to jump around and never fully connected with the characters.  I felt they were a contradiction.  ....... had an abusive relationship but was wanting to get intimate with...... soon after meeting him. ...... was a popular actor, yet had major insecurities that, to me, would interfere/hinder his job.  Honestly, I didn't finish the story.  The story wasn't for me, but don't let me discourage you if you would like to read it.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Comments