Music Monday with Jody Booth!


I first heard Jody Booth perform at a charity event two years ago and I instantly became a fan.  His music is country music at it's finest.  Don't expect the new rock country that is all the rage, Jody is traditional country and his music reminds me of why I fell in country music to begin with.  I have since met Jody and he is one of the friendliest and nicest people you will meet and is very accessible to fans.  If you have a chance to check him out in concert I encourage you to go, his live show is awesome.

Favorite Song: Small Town News....coming from a small town myself, the humor and truth to this song makes it a favorite.
Song that makes me want to dance: The Real Deal, Gold Digger
There might be tears when you listen to: Devil in a Bottle.....I don't know if there will be tears, but the emotion in this song is awesome!
Other songs you might like: Loneliness,  As Good As I Can Be

Jody was nice enough to answer a few questions for the blog! Get to know Jody Booth!!

Current album:

Heaven and Hell


Hometown:  Livingston Tx


What inspired you to become a musician?

My mommas side of the family. Everyone played an instrument or sang, so our family reunions were a jam session. I would've been cast out of the family if I didn't learn how to play the guitar.


Music you are currently listening to?

Chris Stapleton's new album


Do you write your own songs?

Yes. Write or co-write.


Do you plan time to write or write when the inspiration hits?

Both. But, The best ones are inspired and not planned.


Perfect day off:

Bacon and eggs, golf and beer, steak for supper, and a movie in the recliner.


Favorite venue:

The paying ones


Info for current shows:  
www.jodybooth.com


Favorite song off your new album:  
Working on the new album so I don't know which one is going to be my favorite just yet.


Who would you love to sing with?

Merle Haggard


Biggest musical influence:  
See above answer 


Describe your music in 3 words:

Honk-EEE-Tonk


One thing fans would be surprised to know:

I was born a woman, Just Kidding!!!
I play pool on a near professional level.


Weirdest thing that has happened on stage/during a show:

A complete stranger walked thru the back door and onto the stage with a washtub bass, sits it down and says to our bass player, "take a break. I got this. What key are we in?"


Website/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram:

Twitter: @jodybooth79
Instagram:  Jodybooth79

Comments