Beautifully Broken Pieces by Catherine Cowles

 

This is the first book by author Catherine Cowles that I have had the pleasure to read.  I started Beautifully Broken Pieces late in the day and could not put it down until it was finished in the early morning hours.  There is no other feeling like starting a book and knowing that the story is so good that you want to block the world away for a time and just get lost in the words.  From the very beginning I could feel the emotions of Taylor as she navigates the unknown waters of grief.  Those feelings are so wonderfully described in detail and I felt as though I was discovering a new friend.  My heart hurt for her and understood why she chose to move so far away from her loved ones.  When Walker is introduced, and his story unfolds, the pull between the two characters is so strong and the need for each other is undeniable.  To make this story even more fantastic is the mystery of a killer and who it might be.  While I had my suspicions, I was never completely confident that I was correct.  I loved that it kept me guessing until the very end which included a few surprises along the way!  This story packs a lot of heat and steaminess, but in all the right places. I have already started the next book in the series, Beautifully Broken Life, and it holds the promise of being just as good as this book.  Check out author Catherine Cowles, you won't be disappointed!  


To purchase: Amazon

Comments